The Magistrate is a group in the world of Paladins. Led by Grand Magister Karne, the Magistrate is the leading power in the Realm, consisting of former Paladins and skilled magicians. After accidents involving crystals began to occur, Karne decided to ban crystals from the general public. The Magistrate has the ability to call upon all loyal houses when needed.
History[edit | edit source]
After peace was brought to the realm the Paladins were no longer needed. As they stepped down from governing the lands, Karne created the Magistrate: an assembly of former Paladins and powerful sorcerers, led by the former Paladin Karne himself as Grand Magister.
However, with the discovery of the crystals, accidents and misuses of this new power, Karne feared these incidents would send them back to chaos and war, as had been the case all those years ago. The Grand Magister decided to outlaw crystals from commoners. Many agreed with Karne, believing this choice would help bring peace back to the Realm, while others feared or distrusted the Magistrate.
They began raids and incursions across the land seizing any crystals they could find. In one battle against the newly-formed Resistance, one of the casualties was a powerful Stagalla shattered by a fierce commander. Though beaten, the Resistance did not dissipate and now a civil war has erupted.
Known Members[edit | edit source]
- It is unknown if Terminus is still being used by the Magistrate due to Corvus being the one controlling him, as revealed here.
- Although Skye has been seen with the Magistrate in the "A Realm Divided" lore video, and been mentioned to work with them in her bio, it's unknown if she's still part of it, as Vora's kill taunt towards her (▶️) implies she may have left.
- It was revealed here that the Magistrate is not known for being nature friendly.
- Despite fighting Corvus' in his reveal trailer, Strix still works with the Magistrate, as revealed here.
- Vivian also still works with the Magistrate in Deepwerks, despite being part of Corvus' Group, as revealed here.
- During the Battle Suit Battle Pass, this challenge was available: "Slay 11 different Magistrate Champions". So during the patch 2.1 11 playable champions were officially assigned to the Magistrate.
Groups[edit | edit source]
- As revealed here, House Aico and the Magistrate are like business partners, Lian not being very loyal.
- As expanded on a bit here, House Aico doesn't always listen to what the Magistrate requests of them.
Former Groups[edit | edit source]