The Magistrate is a group in the world of Paladins. Led by Grand Magister Karne, the Magistrate is a powerful order of magic users consisting of former Paladins and skilled magicians, whose goal is to control magic. They have begun a campaign to conquer and be in command of the Realm, while also restricting magic to the common folk. The Magistrate has the ability to call all loyal royal houses to arms in a state of emergency when needed to combat any threat that contradicts their ambitions.
History[edit | edit source]
After peace was brought to the realm the Paladins were no longer needed. As they stepped down from governing the lands, Karne created the Magistrate: an assembly of ex-paladins and powerful sorcerers, led by the Paladin Karne himself as Grand Magister.
However, with the discovery of the crystals, their influence was threatened by this new power. Accidents and misuses of the crystal and the magic during the revolution gave the Magistrate the excuse it needed to banish crystal magic. The Grand Magister decided to outlaw crystals from anyone but themselves. Many agreed with Karne whether out of true belief in his words or out of fear of defying him.
They began raids and incursions across the land seizing any crystals they could find with merciless brutality to solidify their power. In one battle against the newly-formed Resistance, one of the casualties was a powerful Stagalla shattered by a fierce commander. Though beaten, the Resistance did not dissipate and now a civil war has erupted. The Magistrate will not rest until the Resistance is destroyed.
Known Members[edit | edit source]
- It is unknown if Terminus is still being used the Magistrate due to Corvus being the one controlling him, as revealed here.
- It was revealed here that the Magistrate is not known for being nature friendly.
- Despite fighting Corvus' in his reveal trailer, Strix still works with the Magistrate, as revealed here.
- Vivian also still works with the Magistrate in Deepwerks, despite being part of Corvus' Group, as revealed here.
Groups[edit | edit source]
- As revealed here, House Aico and the Magistrate are like business partners, Lian not being very loyal.
Former Groups[edit | edit source]