Paladins Version 1.9.2977
- 1 1.9 - Merry Mayhem | December 10, 2018
- 1.1 Overview
- 1.2 Maps
- 1.3 New Event: Merry Mayhem
- 1.4 Gift Giving Bundle
- 1.5 Customization
- 1.6 Balance
- 1.7 Bug Fixes
1.9 - Merry Mayhem | December 10, 2018
Yo Ho Ho Ho, ’tis the season for Merry Mayhem, Champions!
Dredge may have some questionable holiday ethics, but he’s hauled in a bag full of new content for Update 1.9! Collect Sweets and exchange them in his shop, participate in daily community events, or gift a friend an epic skin with the new Gift Giving Bundle. There’s something for everyone in this Merry Mayhem.
New Siege Map: Warder's Gate
Do battle at the imposing Warder’s Gate: Paladins’ newest Siege map. Will you side with the Warders or try to siege their fortress from the nearby forest?
Warder’s Gate is Paladins’ first map with asymmetrical art. Each side features a unique visual theme — Defend the Warders’ magnificent architecture, or stand among the roots of a mystical forest. This theming also improves gameplay clarity, making it easier to identify your location are on the map. Plus: Catch some air with magical anti-gravity Crystals!
Since this map is one of our most ambitious to date, we’ll be testing it thoroughly throughout our two week PTS cycle. We expect to ship Warder’s Gate in 1.9, but may extend its development time to ensure the best level of quality for our players.
New Event: Merry Mayhem
Dredge is in charge of the presents… and this pirate has a sweet tooth! Purchase an event bundle to unlock access to Dredge’s secret Sweets Store, where you can trade in your Sweets for more awesome presents. Log in every day from Dec. 17-30 to see what new special event Dredge has in store!
Sweet Collector Challenges
Each week, Dredge will have a new set of challenges for you. Complete the challenges to unlock Sweets, and a free present: An avatar, Gold Chest, or Festive Chest!
- Sweet Collector
- Available 1.9 Patch Release
- Rewards: 4 Sweets, 15,000 Gold, Rowdy Corsair, Static Avatar
- Candy Connoisseur
- Available December 19th, 2018 at 4:00am EST
- Rewards: 4 Sweets, 30,000 Gold, Gold Chest
- Stocking Stuffer
- Available December 26th, 2018 at 4:00am EST
- Rewards: 5 Sweets, 60,000 Gold, Festive Chest
Event Store Access
- Players can only access Dredges Secret Sweet Shop if they own a stocking, which comes with any Merry Mayhem Event Bundle.
- Players collect Sweets to spend in the event store by completing Dredge’s weekly challenges and purchasing event bundles
- Unspent Sweets will automatically be exchanged for 1,000 Gold each at the end of the event, even if a player did not purchase an Event Bundle
Event Store Content
- Festive Furia, Spray
- Cutesy Yeti, Avatar
- Unrefined, Vivian Emote
- Judgment, Furia Animated MVP Pose
- Cutesy Lian, Animated Avatar
- Naughty Yeti, Animated Spray
- Gingerdead House, Death Stamp
- Lounge, Lian Legendary Emote
- Tranquil Breeze, Jenos Legendary Roaming Emote
- Mistletoe, Legendary 3D Spray
- Barrier Wreath, Makoa Skin
- Tough Cookie, Fernando Skin
Merrymaker Dredge Bundle
- Price: 400 Crystals
Abominable Terminus Bundle
- Price: 400 Crystals
Merrymaker Lian Bundle
- Price: 400 Crystals
Merrymaker Maeve Bundle
Unlock the Merrymaker Maeve Bundle free by purchasing all three Merry Mayhem Event Bundles!
Merrymaker Maeve will be available for direct purchase after the Merry Mayhem event for the cost of the entire event, 1200 Crystals.
Merry Mayhem Event Calendar
Don’t forget to log in every day from December 17-30 to see what special event Dredge has in store. Unlock free holiday sprays, bonus Gold and XP, and amazing sales!
- Dec 17th – 100% Bonus Battle Pass Experience
- Dec 18th – First Win of the Day Reward – Chibi Grover Spray
- Dec 19th – All Supports & Damage Champions Free
- Dec 20th – 2X all end of Match Rewards
- Dec 21st – First Win of the Day Reward – Chibi Bomb King Spray
- Dec 22nd – Bonus Performance Gold
- Dec 23rd – 200% Bonus Battle Pass Experience
- Dec 24th – First Win of the Day Reward – Chibi Evie Spray
- Dec 25th – All Champions Free
- Dec 26th – Bonus Performance Gold
- Dec 27th – First Win of the Day Reward – Chibi Makoa Spray
- Dec 28th – 100% Bonus Battle Pass Experience
- Dec 29th – All Flanks & Front Line Champions Free
- Dec 30th – First Win of the Day Reward – Chibi Kinessa Spray
Gift Giving Bundle
Take to the skies with Sugar Plum Willo and grace your friends with epic skins this holiday season!
- Price: $9.99 USD
- Sugar Plum Willo, Epic Skin – New!
- 200 Crystals
- 2 Large Gift Tokens (600 Crystal Value can be used in place of 300 crystals when purchasing a Large Gift for a friend)
- Contains voice packs for every Champion
- Price: 125 Crystals
- Updated Grover Golden weapon textures
- Updated Ash Golden weapon textures
Developer Commentary: Update 1.9 is the last update of this Paladins Season! This is a relatively minor balance pass ahead of our next update, which will feature massive new season balance changes. Expect major adjustments to the Item Store, Champion Base Abilities, Champion Talents, and Cards (40+). We’ll be hosting special shows on Mixer to discuss the upcoming season changes. Follow us on social media for more details!
- Reduced the Magnitude of the camera shake or “Aim Punch” that players received while taking damage
- Kindle Soul
- Kindle Soul cooldown reduced from 5s → 4s
Developer Commentary: We are reverting the Kindle Soul cooldown nerf from Update 1.6. Furia released as one of the most winning Champions in Paladins, holding a top 3 spot at all player skill levels and queues for multiple patches. We feel she has finally settled into a much healthier spot overall, but still lacks the healing throughput to make her a competitive Support.
- Scuttle now has damage fall-off.
- Life Exchange
- Added a unique sound to Life Exchange when successfully healing an ally with Shatter.
- Fixed an issue where the Damage Dealt recap UI would sometimes display erroneous text.
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes allow Cassie’s ultimate to permanently reveal the enemy team.
- Fixed an interaction with Jenos that allowed Inara to move freely while channeling her Ultimate.
- Fixed an issue where Golden Star Splitter was untextured.
- Oppressor Mines properly have two charges again.
- Fixed texture clipping on on Raeve Maeve’s Helmet.
- Fixed instances of looping sound effects when using Restore Soul with either the Jade Priestess or Remix weapons equipped.
- Cleaned up the Whirlibird emote animation.