Ranked is a system in Paladins designed to provide higher quality matches for competitive players. The current season of competitive play is Season 1, that began with the release of Paladins Beta Version 0.56.2014 on August 9, 2017.
Description[edit | edit source]
Welcome to the new Competitive Paladins. Paladins' in-game competitive mode will now allow players to progress as an account through each tier from Bronze to Grandmaster. As you play, you'll gain Triumph Points (or TP) and once you pass 100 TP in your current division you are immediately promoted to the next division! If you are performing exceptionally in your current division, you may skip forward a few divisions when you are promoted.
Now is a great time to get back into ranked play! With the start of this split players will have any previous ranking hard reset. This will allow all players to start on an equal playing field with everyone else. Let the race to Grandmaster begin!
Ranked tiers and divisions[edit | edit source]
Tiers[edit | edit source]
Ranked has several tiers that players can be placed in, from Bronze to Grandmaster. Players without a tier will be set as Qualifying. Winning games will grant Triumph Points (TP). Earning 100 TP while on the last division of a tier will ascend the player into the next tier.
Divisions[edit | edit source]
Each tier is divided in 5 divisions. Earning 100 TP will cause the player to be promoted to the next division.
Information[edit | edit source]
- The game mode played in Ranked is Siege.
- Players are required to be at account level 15 and have at least 12 owned champions to access Ranked.
- The latest champion releases will be automatically banned for 2 weeks.
- While in Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum tiers, players may queue together in groups of up to 5.
- While in Diamond, Master and Grandmaster tiers, players may queue together in groups of up to 2.
- Diamond Players may queue with Platinum tier players.
- Master and Grandmaster tiers have no divisions.
- Players in Gold tier or higher who lose matches or remain absent from Ranked for too long will lose TP, and eventually will be demoted to the previous division/tier. The decay stops at Gold 5.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
There are several special rewards that can be earned for playing Ranked matches. Some rewards are exclusive to each split.
Season 1 rewards[edit | edit source]
Fall Split rewards[edit | edit source]
Scoreboard rewards[edit | edit source]
Players can earn Crystals by:
- Ending a split on Grandmaster leaderboard.
- Ending a split in the Top 3 of any champion leaderboard.
Loading screen frames[edit | edit source]
Reach new tiers to unlock loading screen frames.