|Join the wiki's discord server here to suggest improvements to the wiki!
NOTE: For the official Paladins discord, click here. The wiki discord is for wiki discussion only.
Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Shields are a mechanic in Paladins. All Shields allow Champions to absorb a limited amount of damage from enemies while allowing allies to shoot through them. There are two types of shields Deployable Shields and Personal Shields.
Wrecker allows Champions to weaken or destroy enemy Shields faster.
Deployable Shields[edit | edit source]
Deployable Shields are generally blue coloured and semi transparent and won't prevent players from walking or seeing through them. Shields deployed by enemies will generally appear to be red coloured. This type of Shield blocks Line of Sight.
Personal Shields[edit | edit source]
Personal Shields act as a buff that protects Champion's health. This type of Shield doesn't block Line of Sight.
Lessons of the Past
Light of Dawn
Force of Nature
False Friends[edit | edit source]
The following skills do NOT count as Shields:
- Androxus's Reversal skill which absorbs and reflects damage.
- Atlas's Statis Field skill which nullifies all ranged attacks and projectiles.
- Inara's Impasse which is a Deployable.
- Inara's Earthen Guard which is a defensive state.
- Moji's Magic Barrier skill which is an impenetrable field.
- Terminus's Power Siphon skill which absorbs damage.
- Zhin's Counter skill which reflects damage.