Shields are a mechanic in Paladins. All Shields allow Champions to absorb a limited amount of damage from enemies while allowing allies to shoot through them. There are two types of shields Deployable Shields and Personal Shields.
Wrecker allows Champions to weaken or destroy enemy Shields faster.
Deployable Shields[edit | edit source]
Deployable Shields are generally blue coloured and semi transparent and won't prevent players from walking or seeing through them. Shields deployed by enemies will generally appear to be red coloured. This type of Shield blocks Line of Sight.
Personal Shields[edit | edit source]
Personal Shields act as a buff that protects Champion's health. This type of Shield doesn't block Line of Sight.
Cards[edit | edit source]
Cards that grants a shield for a short duration after using a certain ability.
False Friends[edit | edit source]
The following skills do NOT count as Shields and are NOT affected by Wrecker.
Absorption[edit | edit source]
These abilities absorb the damage. They cannot be destroyed, but will disappear when the time span is over.
- Androxus's Reversal skill which absorbs and reflects damage.
- Atlas's Statis Field skill which nullifies all ranged attacks and projectiles.
- Moji's Magic Barrier skill which is an impenetrable field.
- Terminus's Power Siphon skill which absorbs damage.
- Zhin's Counter skill which reflects damage.
Other[edit | edit source]