Shields are a mechanic in Paladins that allows Champions to absorb a limited amount of damage from enemy champions while allowing allies to shoot through them. Shields are generally blue colored and semi transparent and won't prevent players from walking or seeing through them. There are two types of shields: deployable shields and personal shields. Deployable shields are those that must be placed and take a space in the world, while personal shields are those that instead act as a buff that protects the champion's health.
Wrecker allows Champions to weaken or destroy enemy shields faster.
Shields by Champion[edit | edit source]
Lessons of the Past
Light of Dawn
Force of Nature
- Ash can deploy a Siege Shield, a wall type shield which slowly moves forward from the point where it was placed.
- Barik can deploy a Barricade, a static wall shield. His ultimate creates a strong Dome Shield with a flamethrower turret in it at his current location. With the card Bowling Ball he gain a shield with 300 Health during Rocket Boots for 4 seconds.
- Fernando can extend his Shield to block all incoming attacks in front of him.
- Furia's Light of Dawn Card grants allies affected by Soul Kindle a shield for 2s.
- Grohk's Totemic Rescue Card grants a Shield for 4s when Grohk is below 30% of his max Health.
- Khan's Bulwark gives him a strong shiels at the front, which can be used any time.
- Makoa's Shell Shield creates a dome shaped wall shield around him.
- Ruckus Emitter skill grants him a strong personal shield.
- Torvald spawns with a personal shield which he can Recharge, and is also able to apply temporary personal shields on allies with Protection.
- Vivian's Deflector Shield grants her a small wall shield that blocks any shots that hit her on the upper front of her body.
False Friends[edit | edit source]
The following skills do NOT count as shields:
- Androxus's Reversal skill which absorbs and reflects damage
- Atlas's Statis Field skill which nullifies all ranged attacks and projectiles
- Inara's Impasse which is a deployable
- Inara's Earthen Guard which is a defensive state
- Moji's Magic Barrier skill which is an impenetrable field
- Terminus's Power Siphon skill which absorbs damage
- Zhin's Counter skill which reflects damage